Do you want to improve your writing skills? Are you struggling with math? If so, the Academic Resource Center can help you!
The ARC offers the following free services:
- Individual or group tutoring
- Drop-in tutoring for math homework
- Writing Assistance from Writing Specialists
- Workshops for studying, reading, and writing
- Content specific workshops
- Test preparation and workshops
- Academic counseling and advising
- Testing accommodations
- Placement testing for math and foreign languages
- Accommodations for students with diagnosed needs or language barriers
Who are the tutors? The tutors are students hired by the ARC to tutor in a subject of their major, or one in which they have performed well.
What if they don’t have a tutor listed for my class? The ARC sends out e-mails to professors that teach the class and ask for referrals of who would be the most effective tutor for you.
How do I sign up? Go to room 332 in the Murphy Center, fill out a tutor request with the course, subject, section, and times you are available. You will be contacted shortly and soon begin working toward improving your grades!
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday 7am – 7pm
Friday – 7am – 5pm