Happy Spring! Moodle Monday is a little early (or maybe a lot late) but I had a training change I wanted to let you know about. If you are planning on attending the Turnitin training on Tuesday, please RSVP to me via email firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday at 5. We have a room conflict, and will need to know if we shouldfind another room or not.
Upcoming Training – All training sessions are in the Learning Commons (2nd floor of the library MC248) There will also be sessions during the Wednesday of outservice week, that schedule is coming soon.
|Thursday, April 4, 12:00 – 2:00pm||Open Session|
|Tuesday, April 9th, 12:30-1:30 pm||Turnitin* RSVP by Monday@5|
|Friday, April 12, 9:00-11:00am||Open Session|
|Thursday, April 18th, 11am-12pm||Using Moodle Pages|
|Thursday, April 18, 1:00-3:00||Open Session|
|Tuesday, April 23rd, 9:30-10:30am||Gradebook for Beginners|
Moodle tip of the week
We’ve had some faculty whose students can’t find the comments on their Turnitin assignments. Remember, they will not be able to see comments until after the Post Date, but once that’s past and they are having problems, here are the steps.
1. Click on the Assignment from the main page of the course (not the gradebook)
2. Click on the My Submissions tab
3. Click on the paper title underSubmissions
4. In the upper left corner of the page that opens (it may take a minute or two) there are three boxes Originality | GradeMark | PeerMark
5. Click on GradeMark
6. On the right side of the window there will be a list of general comments will appear if the instructor has written any.
7. Scroll down the paper and there are little blue ‘speech bubbles’ where a comment has been inserted, hold your mouse over the bubble and the comment will appear.
Also they need to be sure to use Firefox, rather than Internet Explorer. If they must use Internet Explorer, then they should update to version 10 and when they login to Moodle click the allow all content button that pops up
Remember Moodle Monday now has anonline presence at http://vicden.com/wordpress
Instructional Support and Design Specialist